Skip links and keyboard navigation

Shop, 1/34 Cedar Street, Yungaburra

1/34 Cedar Street, Yungaburra

Add to favourites

Burra Inn Restaurant (2015); Heritage Branch Staff

Burra Inn Restaurant (2015)

There are two adjoining and similarly designed shops at 32 and 34 Cedar Street. It is likely that the shops were built by the Williams family estate, in 1912. Early photographic evidence indicates this was a barber’s shop, and the first barber is R Swan, listed in the 1924 post office directories. Land behind the shop was farmed by Chinese market gardeners, supplying the Lake Eacham Hotel. By 1954, the land was subdivided so that each shop was on a separate title. This shop passed out of the Williams family by 1976. The building has had multiple uses over the years, reflecting the changing nature of the town. In the early 1990s it operated as the Burra Inn Restaurant and in 2015 it functioned as a business selling irrigation pumping equipment.

Featured in this trail:

Coordinates: -17.27105448, 145.58264898

Full details of this heritage-registered place are in the Heritage register.

Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Last reviewed
1 July 2022
Last updated
28 February 2023