Submit a public register information request | Environment, land and water | Queensland Government

Skip links and keyboard navigation

Submit a public register information request

The Department recommends you complete a search of the Portal prior to submitting this form as you may find the information you are looking for immediately, especially a copy of the EA.

The Department of Environment and Science maintains a Public Register that provides information and documentation related to the administration and enforcement activities it undertakes in line with the Environmental Protection Act 1994.

You have the right to view and request information included on the Public Register. This information is available by:

  • searching for Public Register information available online. Or
  • information that is not included on the Public Register may still be able to be available through other options by accessing departmental information

* indicates that a field is required.

  1. Requestor details
  2. Search details

    Environmental authority permit number(s) and project name or operator details.

    1. If you are unable to provide lot on plan information, use the checkbox below. If you have multiple locations, they can be provided in the area below.

      You can use the Queensland Geocoder to lookup an address.

  3. Scope of the search (timeframe)

    Please note the following:

    • The register holds very few documents or records prior to the commencement of the Environmental Protection Act 1994 (EP Act). Records held prior to commencement in 1994 relate to a limited number of documents pursuant to transitional arrangements at the commencement of the EP Act.
    • Prior to 2013 documents created by the department are stored in hard copy and are not generally digitised. Requesting these documents typically requires additional time for the department to retrieve archived material.

      Timeframe for the document search:
    1. Details of the search

      For example: “The water management plan required to be given to the department under condition B3 of EA xxxxx” or “all versions of the EA for EPML000123456” or “the 2015 annual return” or “all EAs held by ABC Pty Ltd”

    2. Type of records as available by request and not available online under section 540 and 540A of the EP Act

      Note: Searching for more than one document type below will add additional time for the department to complete the request search. Please consult Response timeframes to help you formulate your search requirements.

      Please tick the box(es) below to indicate the record(s) or document(s) required.

    Public Register

    You can view information included on the Public Register by searching the online Public Register.


    For general enquiries please email or phone 1300 130 372 (and select option 4).

    Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
    Last updated
    23 August 2021
    1. Is your feedback about:
    2. (If you chose ‘website’ above)

      Page feedback

      1. How satisfied are you with your experience today? *
    3. (If you chose ‘service’ above)

      Feedback on government services, departments and staff

      Please use our complaints and compliments form.