The department issues permits (environmental authorities) for environmentally relevant activities, including resource activities.
This portal includes:
- current versions of approved permits;
- the most recent version of any permit that was suspended, expired, surrendered, or cancelled from 2016 onwards (search historic environmental authorities for permits that were cancelled or surrendered prior to 2016).
When searching for permits by ‘Industry’, please select the appropriate category:
- for coal mining select ‘Coal’
- for petroleum and gas activities select ‘Petroleum and Gas’
- for all other mining select ‘Minerals’
- for all prescribed (non-resource related) activities, use ‘Industry and Development’.
For records related to waste activities, please be aware of changes to the regulated waste classification.
See tips for improving search results in the FAQs.
Note: This public register links enforcement records to its associated environmental authority. It is important to note that environmental authority results will display its enforcement history which may relate to previous holders of that authority and may not be associated with the current holder.
Download a list of environmental authorities issued by the department.