Note: Environmental Authorities that have been cancelled or surrendered after 16 August 2021 are currently not available on the Portal. If you would like these Environmental Authorities, please contact the department on firstname.lastname@example.org. We are actively working to resolve this issue and improve this experience.
The department issues permits (environmental authorities) for resource activities (mining, and petroleum and gas) and prescribed activities.
Only permits relating to Chapter 5 are available on this portal, as specified under section 540(1)(a) of the Environmental Protection Act 1994.
- the current version of the approved permit
- the last version of any permit that has been suspended, expired, surrendered or cancelled since 2016 (for prior to 2016 search for historic environmental authorities).
When searching for permits for a resource activity, please use the appropriate industry field:
- for coal mining select ‘Coal’
- for petroleum and gas activities select ‘Petroleum and Gas’
- for all other mining select ‘Minerals’
- for all non-resource related activities use the ‘Industry and Development’ industry field.
When accessing information and permits related to waste activities please be aware of recent changes to regulated waste classifications and Waste-related Environmentally Relevant Activity (ERA) Regulations.
Download a list of environmental authorities issued by the department.